When mom and I go to Fired Up (a paint your own pottery place) we always bring treats with us! She found this carrot ball recipe from Vegan Heaven.
You could probably replace the almonds with another nut and get roughly the same outcome, with the exception of peanuts which I believe would change the flavor far too much.
Servings: 10-15 depending on the size you make the balls
- 1/3 cup almonds
- ½ cup dates
- ½ cup grated orange carrots
- ½ cup grated purple carrots (or sub with regular orange carrots)
- ½ cup rolled oats
- about 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
1. Using a food processor or doing it by hand, grate the carrots. Set aside.
2. Put the almonds and dates in a food processor or blender and process until a sticky mixture forms. Add it to the grated carrots, then stir in the oats, coconut flakes, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
3. Form 10-15 (or so) carrot balls, whatever size you’d like them to be. Roll them in coconut flakes.
You can immediately serve the carrot balls, but I believe it’s best to refrigerate them for awhile so they have some time to set.