The breakfast bowl is super easy to make but does require a half an hour in the oven. This recipe from SimpleVeganBlog is as simple as “dump the stuff in the bowl, mix, bake.” If you want more of an apple pie flavor, add in about ½ to 1 tsp. of apple pie spice. The cinnamon and nutmeg are yummy but it doesn’t taste as apple-pie-y as I would like.
- 1 cup rolled oats (or use gluten-free oats)
- about 1 cup boiling water
- 2 VERY SMALL or about 1 large diced sweet apple, any type is fine (put in as much or as little of the apple as you want)
- 1 sliced banana
- ½ cup gold raisins
- ¼ cup plant-based milk (I use unsweetened almond)
- 2 tbs. pure maple syrup
- 2 tbs. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- Optional (for more apple-pie flavor): ½ to 1 tsp. of apple pie spice
Preheat oven to 350°F
Place the oats in a bowl and add the cup of boiling water. Let it soak up the water for about five minutes.
Add all other ingredients and mix.
Put the mixture in an oven-safe baking dish. This doesn’t make a huge amount so a small baking dish works fine.
Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. It will come out a golden-brown color. That’s it!