I’m a big fan of strawberry spinach salads so I’m always looking for different variations of it. I found this version with avocados and poppyseed dressing from gimmesomeoven.com. The original recipe has cheese and oil, which I subbed out for wfpb-friendly ingredients. If you prefer a lighter salad that isn’t so “chunky” then only add in as much of the toppings as you want! This is a very fruity and sweet salad.
Servings: enough for 2-3 people, maybe 4 if you’re serving smaller side salads
- about 6 cups fresh baby spinach or spring mix
- about 1 pint strawberries, sliced (I quarter mine)
- about ½ to 1 avocado, diced (I only put in ½, I think an entire one is too much)
- 1 small can of mandarin oranges (in its juice, not in syrup!), drained
- about ¼ cup sliced almonds
- half a small red onion, sliced thin
- ¼ cup water
- pinch of cornstarch (or flaxseed, either one will thicken the dressing slightly)
- 3 tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs. honey
- 1 tbs. poppy seeds
- a pinch of ground dry mustard
- optional: salt and pepper to taste (I usually leave these out)
Assemble all salad ingredients, whisk the dressing ingredients together, pour dressing over the salad and you’re done!