I was looking for a simple and yummy dessert to bring to mom’s for Mother’s Day and found this Baked Apples recipe! The apples become soft and fluffy, and the raisins become squishy and juicy. The roasted walnuts give it an interesting crunchy texture. This dessert takes a little while to bake so start it in the oven before making a quick dinner, or halfway through a dinner with a long prep!
Servings: 4 apples
- 4 large apples
- maple syrup, to taste
- crushed walnut pieces, to taste
- golden raisins, to taste
- Optional: banana or strawbery wfpb ice cream
1. Heat oven to 400°F
2. Remove the cores of the apples. If they don’t lay mostly flat in the baking dish, slice a thin horizontal layer off the bottom. Please the apples in a small baking dish.
3. Pour some maple syrup inside the apples, just enough to coat. Stuff the apples with however many walnuts and golden raisins you want. Pour a little more syrup around the outside of the apple.
4. Bake until tender, 40-50 minutes. When the apples come out, carefully scoop them out and move them to a serving bowl. Spoon some of the excess syrup over the apples. Add a couple scoops of ice cream on the side for an even better tasty treat!
In the picture below I used two golden delicious apples and one honeycrisp. The golden apples exploded a bit but they were fluffy and tasty! The honeycrisp held its shape better, but I would probably make it with golden delicious again.