I thought the addition of rice in a veggie burger sounded super strange, but they’re actually pretty good. You can probably add chopped cilantro or parsley if you wanted. Very simple and fast to make. From mywholefoodlife.com.
Servings: 5 or more burgers depending on how large you make them
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed, or about 2 cups cooked kidney beans
- 1 cup cooked brown rice (or sub gluten-free rice)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup ground pecans
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 tbs. water
- 1 flax egg (mix 1 tbs. flax meal with 3 tbs. warm water, wait 5 minutes)
- a couple dashes of sea salt
- serve on whole wheat buns, or gluten-free buns
Line a baking pan with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350°F.
Combine everything in a bowl. Mash the crap out of it with a potato masher or other mashing-capable object.
Dump globs of it on the parchment paper and smoosh it into burger shapes. Or star shapes. Or whatever shapes you want.
Cook for at least 15 minutes. Mine needed about 20 before they were pretty firm.