Easy. Tasty. Chocolate. From Forks Over Knives.
Servings: about 2 dessert bowls worth, double the ingredients if you’re making this for 2-3 people who like chocolate
- 1 cup unsweetened, unflavored plant milk (I use almond)
- ½ cup (packed) pitted dates, plus another 1-3 dates
- 3 tbs. chia seeds
- 1½ unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅛ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Optional: 2-3 tbs. unsweetened shredded coconut, 2 tbs. chocolate chips (need to be the highest unsweetened cacao content you can find)
Put everything in a blender and blend until the seeds are pulverized. It took me a few minutes in my cheap blender, and it still didn’t fully pulverize all the seeds, but it still turns out well anyway.
Scoop the mix into bowls or a container and put them in the fridge to chill for a minimum of 30 minutes.
After you’ve let them chill, take them out and (if using toppings) sprinkle chocolate chips, coconut, or whatever!
I love love chia seed pudding but I haven’t tried chocolate yet. I’ll have to fix that over the weekend. Thanks for the recipe!
LikeLiked by 1 person